DBA has the most comprehensive and helpful online resource available to people keen (or keen to be keen) on barges and continental boating. While we share some resources with the public, we are a members' club, with much more available if you join us.
To join us, complete the application form, then arrange payment of the membership subscription, as below. Once payment is received by the membership secretary, you'll be emailed details of how to log in to the web site to enjoy the full benefits of membership.
To renew a membership click here.
Increased on 1 April 2018 they are now:
|Rest of World||£45||£35||add £10|
The 'Family' supplement allows a second person to access the website, Forum and Facebook group under their own name. Blue Flag will only be posted to the main member - but the second member can download a copy.
UK residents - Please pay by Direct Debit if possible to reduce our costs.
- If you have a UK bank account (much easier for us), download the Direct Debit form Post the form or scan and email it to
Rest of World - Credit card, Debit card or Wise (or otherinternational transfer system).
- Our Paypal account (
- Note that if you pay online, it will still take a few hours for the membership secretary to confirm your membership, as above,
- Wise (was Transferwise) is one of several international money transfer systems used by DBA Members, which allow money to be easily and cheaply transferred to DBA in GBP at IBAN: GB52 LOYD 3094 0802 6759 78
- For UK account holders: Sort code: 30-94-08, Account: 02675978.
For non-UK account holders: BIC: LOYDGB21124 IBAN: GB52 LOYD 3094 0802 6759 78
- Be aware that your bank may charge you a fee and that the payment may take a few days to come through.
Cheque (Only GBP cheques can be accepted.): Make Cheques to 'DBA - The Barge Association' and send to: DBA, Cormorant, Spade Oak Reach, Cookham, Maidenhead, SL6 9RQ, United Kingdom.
You will be emailed a few weeks before your subscription is due each year, on the anniversary of joining. Please make sure your email address is up-to-date on My Details for you to receive this!
If you pay by Direct Debit, your membership will be automatically renewed and you need to take no action.
If you pay by credt card or cheque, you will need to log in, go to My Details and click on 'Pay Subscription'.
If your subscription remains unpaid more than a month after it is due you will no longer have access to the web site or be able to post to the Forum.
To renew membership after this, please arrange a subscription payment as above AND email
- Hits: 64201