By using the DBA Forum you agree to conform to the Forum Rules, below.
It is very easy to use a discussion Forum in ways that annoy other users. The following guidelines can help you avoid doing this:
- Only send messages likely to be of interest to a significant number of other people.
- Don't send messages aimed at only one or two people in the group - email or PM them directly instead.
- Make the subject line short but informative.
- Think about the Forum section you are posting to! Look at the All Sections page to see what they are for!
- Don't send the same message to many sections. Wanting to reach as many people as possible is not a good reason.
- If you are not certain of the accuracy of information you post, say so.
- Think about your wording - could it be misread and upset someone?
- Above all, be polite!
- Make sure a reply relates to the subject. If not, start a new subject (Topic).
- When posting a reply, only quote what relates to your reply, not entire posts
- When posting a reply, change the subjectline if the topic has changed
- If you reply to an old post from the archive make it clear that's what you have done.
- Don't abuse or defame another member
- Don't send 'Thank-you's or Seasons Greetings to the lists - Use the 'Thankyou' button!
- Don't use 'bad language'
- Don't defame or impinge on the reputation of commercial suppliers on DBA's forum.
- Don't advertise things for sale - we have a very good Adverts facility.
- DON'T SHOUT. Capitals are the equivalent of shouting and ill-mannered.
- Never mark DBA email as spam with your ISP, it may cause other DBA emails to be discarded
If you would like to comment on these guidelines post your comment to the DBA section or email
If you see a post that you feel breaches the rules, please tell us! Use the Report button at the bottom of each post or email
In the event of a breach of the Rules or to prevent one, the Forum Administrators may Delete or Edit posts
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds